|Algorithm Software Tools Engineer |
Job Summary of the Algorithm Software Tools Engineer:
Algorithm Software Engineer is needed to play a key role in the development and maintenance of the tools used by the algorithm development team, system validation team and HIL laboratories.The tools will be deployed into a Simulink Model Based development framework and will be aimed at enhancing and streamlining the algorithm development work and automating the validation work. This client is a tier one automotive supplier and well known for their services globally. This is a company that provides long-term stability and the opportunity to work on exciting, emerging technologies. If you have prior software testing experience along with the knowledge of embedded code environments and automatic code generation in MATLAB Simulink environment in embedded controllers then this position is well suited to you.
Best Candidate: Simulink design experts
Job Role: Design and control Simulink block and function libraries, write custom checks in Simulink Model Advisor, and create structure for developers to link tools and methods together.
Primary Skills: Matlab / Simulink design experience
Secondary Skills: Matlab scripting, CANape, CAPL/CASL scripting, embedded code generation methods, ISO 26262 and V-Cycle, AUTOSAR
These kinds of position backgrounds are usually a good match?:
These kinds of position backgrounds are not as fruitful:
- Algorithm Developers (Vehicle Control is a plus but is not required, should be open to doing tools work)
- Tool Developers (in Simulink)
- Validation Engineers (unless they developed tools in Simulink)
- Software Engineers (unless Simulink is their primary design tool)
Responsibilities of the Algorithm Software Tools Engineer:
- Development and maintenance of software tools used by the algorithm development, system validation and HIL laboratory teams.
- Support Simulink Model Based development work environment for embedded controls by developing the required tools and methods.
- Develop and support tools for algorithm validation test plans and procedures as per all the internal and external requirements.
- Develop tools for in-vehicle data collection, analysis and HIL automation and remote access.
- Support in the development of algorithm validation test equipment when required.
- Work with other cross functional teams to understand the requirements and to aid in issue resolution.
- Support remotely located algorithm teams
Qualifications of the Algorithm Software Tools Engineer:
- BS in Engineering or Physical Science, MS preferred.
- Experience in creation and evaluation of models in Simulink for use in embedded micro-controllers.
- Knowledge of automatic code generation in MatLab / Simulink (Embedded Coder) environment
- Experience in one or more of these areas: Matlab scripting, CAPL/CASL scripting, embedded code generation methods, ISO 26262 and V-Cycle, and/or AUTOSAR.
- Experience with embedded controllers, micro-controller development and c coding is desired.
- Ability to create new unique tools to evaluate, test, and document Simulink-based model designs in a software architecture.
- Knowledge of CAN-based visualization, calibration, and simulation tools used in vehicle dynamic control such as CANape, CarSim, etc.
- Skilled in writing procedures and test reports.
Compensation of the Algorithm Software Tools Engineer:
Salary Range: $85,000-115,000year, depending on experience
Location: Farmington, MI
Travel: As and when required
Relocation assistance: Subject to review
Visa sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - Algorithm, software, validation, HIL, Simulink, embedded, MATLAB, simulink, simulation, automation, micro-controllers, "micro controller", CANape, CarSim, "vehicle dynamic control"