We are seeking to hire a (BI) Business Intelligence Developer to enhance business functionality by use of a business intelligence (BI) system, report writing, and ad-hoc querying. We are looking for a (BI) Business Intelligence Developer to join our Information Technology team with the below responsibilities.
required to have Azure CosmosDB, must be proficient in modern data analytics using Microsoft Power BI, NOT Qlik or Tableau. Must have NoSQL
The Business Intelligence Developer develops processes to enable users to easily access accurate information on which to base decisions by consulting with staff to determine needs, and by developing processes and technical solutions to address needs.
Designs, implements, and maintains BI views and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) reports in support of productivity enhancements by consulting with staff to develop and implement technical applications to meet desired goals and objectives.
Serves as the design lead for report development projects by interacting with management on request for report design and report changes, while coordinating and obtaining the approval from senior management to proceed with reporting.
Interfaces and verifies with end users that the BI views and SSRS reports meet and support the business needs the reports were created to fulfill.
Provides technical support for all BI views and SSRS reports by assisting staff with any technical related questions and issues and by troubleshooting and resolving any issues with a sense of urgency.
Write ad-hoc reports to meet business reporting criteria of management staff by extracting and formatting data using T-SQL and core system query applications.
Analyzes and supports the simplification of the current corporate and departmental reporting.
Assist in expansion and implementation of NoSQL documentation database, utilizing Azure Cosmos DB, to serve as a data lake to complement the existing Enterprise Data Warehouse. Work with members of the BI team and identified citizen data scientists to proliferate the querying of NoSQL document database.
Continually increases technical knowledge and proactively applies knowledge by keeping abreast of changes in technology (e.g. staying up-to-date on BI technology trends such as data lakes & NoSQL, taking technology related classes, etc.) and by recommending technical solution changes if appropriate.
Understand and communicate business use of data to DBAs. Assist in layout and design of data in dimensional models to be used in data marts/data warehouse.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Four year college degree required
Minimum two years experience working with relational databases, schemas, dimensional modeling, and data analysis techniques; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Required experience with NoSQL document database querying and development.
SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
- Advanced proficiency in report writing tools such as SSRS (preferred) or Crystal Reports.
- Proficient in modern data analytics using Microsoft Power BI.
- Proficient in MS SQL querying, specifically SELECT queries and stored procedures.
- Fluent in dimensional modeling concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Required experience AZURE CosmoDB querying and development.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Exhibits the analytical and problem solving ability necessary to develop effective technical solutions.
- Exhibits strong organizational skills and prioritization ability.
- Exhibits strong administrative and project management skills.
- Exhibits strong attention to detail skills
- Exhibits strong interpersonal/teamwork skills in order to develop effective relationships with individuals and groups inside and outside the TTI organization.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to document procedures.
- Knowledge of product systems, operations and procedures preferred.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism.
- Position requires typing of 40 words per minute.