My client has an opening for a contract position in software development. The software is for state-of-the-art light simulation CAD/CAE program targeted for Windows platforms.
Client is seeking a Senior Software Developer with extensive experience in writing parallel programs utilizing message passing interface (MPI) technology. Candidate will be applying this technology to their commercial software products in order to distribute compute loads to different machines.
Requirements of the position:
· 5+ years of recent hands-on experience in software development with at least 5 years experience in developing object oriented software systems using Microsoft Development Studio
· 1+ years of recent hands-on experience developing solutions utilizing MPI technology such as OpenMPI, MPICH, Microsoft MPI, or Intel MPI
· 2+ years developing multithreaded or distributed software systems
· Mastery of C++, including object-oriented programming
· Proven track record of creating commercial-quality software for use by external customers with high expectations
· Demonstrated ability to excel in highly demanding environments and ability to work well in a team as well as independently
· Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to communicate highly technical information to others in the company
· A BS, MS, or Ph.D. degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math)
· Ability to relocate to our Pasadena location for the duration of the contract