Atlantic Pacific Group is the premier executive search firm specialized in the real estate and finance industries, with over 18 years of experience supporting Orange County's top employers, we've helped 100's of professionals take their careers to the next step. Our client is a growing and cutting edge mortgage company who is seeking a Director for application development. The team consists of 15+ developers and software engineers. Excellent benefits including education reimbursement and 3 weeks vacation! Beautiful location in South Orange County!
Responsible for managing staff to support the design, development and maintenance of internally developed software solutions, applications and websites.
• The Director, IT & Application Development is the technical leader for design of new and existing application projects and works closely with management, end-users and IT peers to conceptualize new application projects or major enhancements to existing applications, recommends technical design solutions and documents the technical design requirements for the project, including any security design considerations or solutions.
• After the design is completed, reviewed and approved, the Director, IT & Application Development assigns programming and development tasks to the technical staff. A Director, IT & Application Development also develops applications and often takes on more complicated programming responsibilities such as B2B integration, systems or back-end programming. The Director, IT & Application Development may also assist or mentor development resources and/or assist with the resolution of any technical issues throughout the project lifecycle.
• After the application is developed, the Director, IT & Application Development coordinates the peer-to-peer code review and coordinates with the Quality Assurance team to ensure the application meets business expectations, functions as designed and is defect-free. When the application is ready to be deployed, the Director, IT & Application Development provides documentation for the implementation, assists during the production deployment and provides post-production support and/or trouble-shooting if/as necessary.
• The Director, IT & Application Development follows corporate policies and procedures, such as the Software Development Life Cycle, Change Management or Release Management policies. The Director, IT & Application Development may be tasked with technology research and development or presenting new technology opportunities to the Technical Architecture Committee.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
• 5+ years web development experience with .NET 3.x Framework, LINQ, ASP.NET and C#/VB.NET using Visual Studio
• Solid understanding of MS SQL stored procedures and queries
• Experience with WCF, W3C, OWASP Security Standards, XML and Web Services development
• Team-player with strong communication and interpersonal skills, possess a high degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Demonstrated experience with the Software Development Lifecycle concepts and techniques including secure development methodologies and design patterns
• Experience in MVC, developing for mobile platforms, working with social media, mash-up integration with Google Maps, Zillow API, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Reputation Management.
- Experience running teams in Agile
- Career based in Microsoft technologies including C#, SQL, Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Must have management experience overseeing QA and Development resources
- 3 to 5 years management experience as a Development Manager, would prefer a Director level experience
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR LICENSES:
• 4 year degree in Computer Science and demonstrated experience in application design and development.
• 5+ years’ experience with .NET Development Experience.
• 5+ years’ experience with MS SQL Database Development
• Microsoft Certified Developer certification desired
For additional information, contact our President - Linda Blakemore 949-494-1420 or email@example.com