IT/Control Systems Engineer
Location: Wilmington, NC vicinity
Leading edge FORTUNE 500 manufacturing company client seeks IT Control Systems Engineer for it’s manufacturing facility located near Wilmington, NC.
This company’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. Workplace environment features a distinctive collaborative culture.
Scope of Position:
The person in this position will join a team of highly motivated and skilled engineers and technicians to manage, modify, and develop control systems required to manufacture hi-tech materials, and the associated computer systems to support manufacturing. This person will also participate in or occasionally lead projects to meet the plant’s objectives or drive cost reduction efforts.
This position is associated with Advanced Manufacturing Technology (AMT) and is focused on equipment industrialization, deployment, and commissioning in a manufacturing plant environment. In this capacity, he/she will work closely with engineering and operations teams in the plant to implement improvements in this process area.
- The person will become the expert for the control system in their area of responsibility along with ancillary data feeds to a manufacturing execution system and reporting systems.
- The person will also be responsible for developing or modifying other software systems that support manufacturing in the plant such as web-based or stand-alone applications.
- When the person leads a project, he/she will be responsible for managing the activities required to meet the project’s objectives within the constraints of an allowed budget and a desired timeline.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science, or M.S Electrical Engineering degree with applicable co-op and/or internship experience.
- 0-7 years of experience preferred
- Visual Basic
- NET (C#, VB.NET)
- Control Systems
- Manufacturing Execution Systems
- iFIX SCADA
- Real-time kernels
- Travel will be required to Manufacturing sites in North Carolina and overseas sites in India, China, and Europe.
- Typical travel can range from a few days to a few weeks during the project initiation phase.
- During the deployment phase of the project, travel is nearly full-time. Deployment phases typically range from 3-9 months, but can extend to 1+ years’ depending on the assignment.
Full relocation to Wilmington, NC vicinity
Salary range from $75,000-$90,000
Note: This position is an addition to current staff.