Title: Java Developer
Location: Chicago, IL
Length: Full Time
Visa: US or GC Only
What you will do?
As a Software Developer, the majority of the work will be new development, covering both server and GUI, with some support and maintenance managed by the team. The position will include all aspects of product development such as design, implementation, unit and system testing, fixing and documentation preparation.
What you’ll need to know:
· Requirements refinement, design, and implementation
· Ability to work in an agile way seeking continuous improvement to reduce waste
· Champion in test automation.
· Ability to understand customer needs and provide them good level of support via product fixes for the 2nd line support team.
Education and expertise:
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, information technology, engineering or another related discipline
· Software development experience in a commercial environment with a good understanding of object oriented concepts
· Experience in core Java is a must
· An understanding of multithreading
· Familiarity with SQL
· Exposure to Agile development practices such as Lean and Scrum
· Experience with automated build and testing utilities such as Jenkins, Junit, Maven, Robot Framework