Principal Firmware Engineer - (1703812)
Principal Firmware Engineer
My client is looking for a highly qualified Principal Firmware Engineer to join the Image Sensors Group – Systems and Software. In this position you will work on developing full embedded software stack and test system for next generation of automotive Imaging Signal Processors, including close collaboration with product teams on defining system architecture.
The ideal candidate is a high energy, collaborative, hands-on engineer with extensive experience in S/W development and processes who will help my client to secure compliance with ISO-26262 for particular products and follow industry safety design principles.
- Work with Marketing, Digital Design, Product Analysis, Algorithm and Hardware teams on defining system architecture of Image Signal Processors (ISP), enabling HW-friendly SW and SW-friendly HW
- Develop full SW stack for ISPs including firmware for peripheral HWs, software for Auto Exposure, Auto White Balance and other algorithms, data flow framework and enable effective co-work of development and algorithm engineers on the same SW code base
- Develop firmware drivers for CMOS image sensors
- Contribute to development and continuous improvements of SW development processes, and support ISO-26262 compliance of particular products
- Develop documentation enabling effective knowledge sharing within SW and Application Engineering groups
Qualifications Basic qualifications
- Extensive experience in C, C++ and real-time operating systems
- Relevant hands on experience in embedded software and firmware development
- Experience developing software for camera systems
- Familiarity with ISP pipelines for CMOS image sensors
- Experience in Python or Perl scripting
- Hands on experience with JTAG/ICE debuggers, protocol analyzers and ability to read HW schematics
- Experience in modern agile software development methodologies and practices
- Knowledge of AUTOSAR architecture and experience in developing AUTOSAR components
- Experience in developing software for safety-critical systems, MISRA C/C++ experience
- Hands on experience in Android and Embedded Linux platforms
- Technical leadership and self-motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills in communicating with audience at different levels of technical expertise
- Good oral and written skills for communication and documentation of technical information
MSCS preferred +3 years of relevant experience, or BSCS +5 years of experience.