We are looking for an experienced Quality Automation Engineer who is an active participant in the day-to-day activities of an agile project delivery team. The Candidate’s primary responsibility is to formulate and implement against the formalized test plan, automate test cases, execute them and incorporate them into the continuous integration environment. This candidate will be responsible for creation of the testing components for automated testing, utilization of appropriate tools to develop automated test cases and scripts, execution of the test scripts for regression and performance testing. The candidate will execute exploratory testing per schedule to find defects outside of the formal test processes. The candidate will participate in code and test planning, estimating, scheduling, implementation and other team activities. Candidate will analyze test demand for in scope user stories and develop the test specifications, execute formal testing per schedule to meet necessary testing requirements and execute exploratory testing per schedule to find defects outside of the formal test processes.
As a member of the team, you will facilitate in the building of high-performance, reliable back-end systems and server-side APIs, creating the interconnectivity fabric of the client’s platform and enabling the provisioning of new and revolutionary classes of services to millions of Internet users.
- Create testing components for automated and manual testing of the system’s components.
- Test the implementation of REST and messaging based software infrastructure, back-end systems and APIs
- Analyze business requirements and develop test cases for testing of system components.
- Designs, develops, and analyzes unit tests, functional tests, system tests, and manual tests
- Maintains quality assurance standards and procedures, and is responsible for the quality of the software
- Manages the test harness / infrastructure and continuous integration system
- Solves issues within complex systems and application environments
- Collaborates in design reviews, code reviews, and test planning
- Requires a high degree of creativity and autonomy to accomplish goals
Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across dev, qa, ops and other cross functional teams
Work experience requirements
- 2 to 5 years of hands-on experience in software test automation in a high performance and high availability server development environment
- 5 years of experience using industry standard Test Management, and Automation Tools and Frameworks
- Experience using an Agile management tool like CA Rally Dev or VersionOne
- Experience in tracking requirements and mapping test cases to requirements
- Experience in developing test strategies and test harnesses and planning approaches for automated testing
- Solid experience utilizing highly technical test automation frameworks from ground up, including API, UI and Unit test automation
- Experience evaluating business and technical requirements and develop test cases to test the same
- 5 years of experience testing SOA implementations such as REST/SOAP/JSON API based applications
- Experience documenting and communicating defects to the entire team and business stakeholders
- Experience working with cross-functional distributed teams
- Ability to analyze complex applications
- Prior experience working with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- The candidate must be a proven team player with strong interpersonal skills possessing a demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects with varying priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Desired Additional Skills
- Is highly productive and performs well under pressure
- System and application performance and load testing knowledge
- Position is based in Sunnyvale, CA and candidate must either be local or willing to relocate immediately.