Summary of the Radar Feature Algorithm Engineer:
Radar Feature Algorithm Engineer with hands on experience on algorithms is required to play a vital role to develop, test and calibrate radar based automotive application algorithms for one of our clients (a leader in advanced vehicle safety systems) in the Michigan area. In this role, you will be responsible for the development, testing and integration of the algorithms radar based active safety and autonomous driving systems. This is a stable, growing company that is offering significant future opportunities to break into new technologies. If you have a strong background in complex algorithm development, this opportunity is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Radar Feature Algorithm Engineer:
- Develop, test and calibrate radar based automotive application algorithms
- Analyze system requirements and define feature algorithm functional requirements
- Model entire signal chain from sensors to algorithm output
- Design, implement and test feature algorithm model with sampled sensor data sets
- Champion the quality, design, development and release of assigned software project elements
- Define algorithm specification for its implementation in micro-controller
Qualifications of the Radar Feature Algorithm Engineer:
- BS in Engineering (MS or PhD preferred) with 3+ years of experience.
- Knowledge of digital signal processing and open loop control theory/methodology is required.
- Strong background in Matlab/Simulink based algorithm development.
- Experiences in various sensor technologies, data acquisition methodologies are required.
- A background in data mining and/or radar systems is a strong plus.
- Experiences in real-time embedded control software development and processes are required.
- Training in Quality Systems, Product Development Process and FMEA is a plus.
Compensation of the Radar Feature Algorithm Engineer:
Salary Range: $80,000-120,000/year, based on experience
Location: Detroit Area MI
Travel: As and when required
Relocation Assistance: Subject to review
Visa Sponsorship: H1B transfers only. NO OPT will be considered
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - Radar, Algorithm, Software, "Product Design", "Active Safety", electronics, test, Calibration, automotive, requirement, "feature algorithm", module, Matlab, embedded, C++, micro-controller, "Project Management", "digital signal", control, controls, sensing, sensor, "real-time embedded control software development", "Quality Systems", FMEA