Our clients Systems Analysis and Exploitation (SAE) program area performs research, development, and vulnerability analysis of hardware and software systems covering the spectrum of cyber security technologies. The SAE team is focused on tearing apart hardware and software system to find out what makes them work. The team performs a variety of vulnerability analysis across a wide range of cyber security technologies.
Who are they?
Our client provides government and commercial customers with a diverse selection of cyber and information security offerings that include engineering, research, development, assessment services, and products. They perform groundbreaking work, leading efforts in all areas of cyber and information security. When you join our team, you will collaborate with leading experts and an incredible cadre of energetic, visionary thinkers, innovators, and schemers.
Fantastic Culture and Benefits
Our client is known for its overall easy-going atmosphere inspires a relaxed dress code for most of our employees and very flexible hours.
Their generous benefits package includes:
- a very comprehensive benefits package including 4 weeks of paid time off (PTO)
- 10 paid holidays
- 100% company-paid family health insurance and life insurance
- 7% company-contributed 401k retirement plan
- tuition reimbursement and much more.
We encourage all engineers to contribute to the entire design process and our client has a very active internal research and development program to foster your ideas for new projects. There are opportunities to work on other projects with other teams; including relocating to one of our growing remote locations.
Applicants should be highly motivated and have a passion for their work. Our job as a company is very serious - defending our nation from cyber attacks and it takes a lot of talent, hard work, collaboration, a handful of healthy debates and the ability to overcome adversity in order to create world-class products. You will be challenged by your colleagues. You will challenge yourself. You will have a rewarding work/life balance and you will be the best software engineer you have ever been.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to work as part of a team researching, designing and building novel software capabilities
- Must be able to work independently as needed on research and development related tasking
- Must be well grounded in the foundational elements of computer security, system vulnerability analysis, and software engineering
- Be a participating member of an Agile/Scrum development team Commitment to contributing to project documentation throughout the SDLC
- Lead small teams
Required Education, Experience, and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or related discipline, and at least 8 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous work experience in designing and implementation of applications with highly optimized and scalable architectures.
- At least 2 years of experience in development, debugging, and testing in Java, C, and C++.
- At least 1 year of work experience with scripting languages such as Bash, Python, Perl, or Ruby
- At least 3 years of experience with developing software to operate for both Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Solid understanding of network fundamentals, including use of network analysis tools such as Wireshark and Nmap.
- Previous experience leading mid-to-large sized teams.
- Serve as Technical Lead for small projects.
- Strong database development skills including a solid understanding of database technologies, and logical and physical data modeling.
- Previous experience with object-oriented design.