We are in search of a senior level software engineer to lead parts of our agile production development team working on several cutting-edge cyber operation tools.
Possible locations for this job include:
Rome, NY or Rochester NY or Linthicum Md, or Wilmington Ohio.
Applicants should be highly motivated and have a passion for software development. Eat. Sleep. Code. Live. Have fun.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Who are we?
- Design and develop production-level software covering a broad spectrum of cyber security technologies.
- Participate in projects that combine front-end clients, back-end services, and low-level applications using many different programming languages including C, Python and HTML on all types of Linux systems.
- Work closely in an agile development team with quarterly release cycles.
Our client provides government and commercial customers with a diverse selection of cyber and information security offerings that include engineering, research, development, assessment services, and products. They perform groundbreaking work, leading efforts in all areas of cyber and information security. When you join our team, you will collaborate with leading experts and an incredible cadre of energetic, visionary thinkers, innovators, and schemers.
Fantastic Culture and Benefits
Our overall easy-going atmosphere inspires a relaxed dress code for most of our employees and very flexible hours.
Our client offers:
- a very comprehensive benefits package including 4 weeks of paid time off (PTO)
- 10 paid holidays
- 100% company-paid family health insurance and life insurance
- 7% company-contributed 401k retirement plan
- tuition reimbursement and much more.
We encourage all engineers to contribute to the entire design process and our client has a very active internal research and development program to foster your ideas for new projects. There are opportunities to work on other projects with other teams; including relocating to one of our growing remote locations.
Applicants should be highly motivated and have a passion for software development. Our job as a company is very serious - defending our nation from cyber attacks and it takes a lot of talent, hard work, collaboration, a handful of healthy debates and the ability to overcome adversity in order to create world-class products. You will be challenged by your colleagues. You will challenge yourself. You will have a rewarding work/life balance and you will be the best software engineer you have ever been.
About the Team - Adaptive SystemsOur team focuses on research and development of cutting edge, highly-integrated and customizable tools for cyber operations. From embedded systems to servers, drivers to distributed backend services - and all points in between - we help the cyber warfighter be adaptive, efficient and effective.
Required Education, Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline and at least 8 years of work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 2 years of previous work experience in development, debugging, and testing in C or Python
Strong understanding of data structures and object-oriented design
At least 2 years of experience using and developing software for Linux
At least 1 year of experience leading a development team
Solid understanding of network fundamentals
Previous work experience with network and database development
Solid understanding of multi-threading/multi-processing
Ability to obtain/maintain a DoD TS/SCI clearance
- C++, Java and Assembly development
- HTML5 web development
- Embedded Linux development
- Code optimization
- Cross-platform design
- User interface design
- Encryption and secure software design
- Technical writing