The incumbent’s role is to build the operations end of the organization’s websites and keep them running smoothly. This includes designing, building, and implementing new Web pages and WordPress sites; integrating sites with database backend applications; migrating legacy applications to the Web; and performing day-to-day administration of the organization’s Web portfolio. Use of a variety of Web development technologies is required. The incumbent will lead and direct junior development staff.
Essential Job Functions (*=Non-essential tasks):
- Participate in setting departmental Web development strategy.
- Assist in the training of junior staff members.
- Assist lead web developers in management of projects.
- Research new technologies and provide suggestions to senior leadership staff.
- Install and configure WordPress on Linux
- Develop and document WordPress Plugins
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues with WordPress and WordPress Plugins
- Work with web strategy team to design and develop consistent look and feel of websites
- Work with web strategy team to ensure site accuracy
- Assist in security of Websites and related applications.
- Perform periodic Website audits.
- Work with web strategy team to capture and analyze site metrics
* Other duties as assigned