Software Engineer - Passive Safety
Job Summary of the Software Engineer - Passive Safety:
An Embedded Software Engineer is required to play a vital role for the design and development of the real-time, embedded electronic controls software systems for automotive and safety critical applications. This is a stable, growing company offering significant future opportunities to break into new technologies. If you have a good experience with C/C++ Programming, CAN and Microprocessors tools, then this position is well suited to you.
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer - Passive Safety:
- Development of modular embedded software for 8/16/32 bit microprocessors/controllers.
- Design, develop, implement, and testing of real-time, embedded electronic controls software systems for automotive and safety critical applications
- Implementation and customization of system software as per the client requirements.
- Collection and analysis of requirements and systems specifications to develop the software solutions as per the clients needs.
- Share the current status, relevant data and constructive opinion at various meetings when required
- Identification or propose product process or infrastructure improvements.
- Establish and adhere to estimates in project work plan
- Ensure the quality, design, development and release of assigned software project elements.
- Work with Software Lead for project planning, tracking and oversight.
- Apply the specific knowledge of automotive protocols and collaborate with product development teams.
- Work on change requests, and defect fixes
Qualifications of the Software Engineer - Passive Safety:
- Bachelors degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Masters preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in developing real-time, embedded electronic controls software.
- Background in automotive systems is preferred, but other industry experience, with safety critical applications, can also be considered.
- Experience with C / C++ coding.
- Background and/or exposure to AUTOSAR is a big plus.
- The ability to get up to speed quickly, working under stringent process requirements.
- Knowledge of the following tools will be beneficial -
- Controller Area Network(CAN) Simulation and Monitoring tools
- Infineon / Freescale / NEC Microprocessor tools such as Compiler, Emulator, Simulator
- Static Analysis tool such as QAC / LDRA
- PTC Configuration Management Tool
- DOORS Requirements Management Tool
Compensation of the Software Engineer - Passive Safety:
Salary Range: $80,000-110,000/year (Aligned with knowledge and experience)
Location: Southeast MI
Travel: As required
Relocation Assistance: Available
Visa Sponsorship: TN visa, Permanent Resident, and US Citizen only. (NO OPT/H1B will be considered)
Knowledge of the following areas will be helpful - Design, develop, implement, embedded, real-time, "real time", electronic, controls, software, automotive, safety, application, modular, microprocessors, controllers, requirement, specifications, "Controller Area Network", CAN, Simulation, Monitoring, Eclipse, C, C++, Infineon, Freescale, NEC, Compiler, Emulator, Simulator, QAC, LDRA, PTC, DOORS, "Change Request"